Taro Terahara & Shen Flindell - Deep
Long-time Indian classical collaborators Taro and Shen have finally released their first CD together, "Deep". It features afternoon raga Patdeep in vilambit teentaal and drut ektaal, followed by Dhun Khamaj in rupak taal.
- Raga Patdeep : a) Alap, Jor, Jhala; b) Gat in Vilambit Teentaal; c) Gat in Drut Ektaal
- Dhun Khamaj : Alap, Gat in Rupak Taal
Taro Terahara & Pt. Anindo Chatterjee - Mist
Taro Terahara performs Indian classical music on bansuri (Indian bamboo flute), accompanied on this CD by world-renowned tabla maestro, Pt. Anindo Chatterjee. Taro is not only well-versed in a wide range of ragas, capable of fast and exciting melodic flurries and spontaneous improvisation, but he balances this with a devotion to the beauty of the sound and the emotion of the Raga. His music both touches the heart and engages the mind.
- Raga Bihag : a) Alap, Jor, Jhala; b) Gat in Vilambit Teentaal; c) Gat in Madhya and Drut Teentaal
- Raga Jaunpuri : Alap, Gat in Teentaal
Setsuo Miyashita & Shen Flindell
- Rei-Mei ("Daybreak")
Setsuo Miyashita is a close disciple of the great santoor master Pt. Shiv Kumar Sharma and one of the leading Indian classical music artists in Japan. His music focuses on beauty, healing, peace and harmony. This CD, recorded live in Varanasi, with tabla accompaniment by Shen, features a beautiful Raga Chandrakauns and a very touching alap in Raga Basant Mukhari.
- Raga Chandrakauns - "Ganges' Moon" ♫
- Live recording in Varanasi, India, March 2005, featuring Shen on tabla
- Raga Basant Mukhari - "Daybreak" ♫
- Recorded at Shouda Gallery, Ena, Japan